Voice of Bruck News Service

Copyright 2006-present the Voice of Bruck News Service, content may be reproduced with attribution for non-commercial purposes, all other rights reserved. <-- That means you can copy any part of my blog without asking permission, as long as you give me credit and are not profiting from my work. I do ask that you notify me if you use my material.

Want e-mail notices of new entries? E-mail me (address on profile page).

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Salt

You may remember a VOB column from March of last year, in which we explored the age-old question, how long would it take to consume 400 pounds of salt? It turned out to be a bit less than a lifetime supply for a person with a typical level of sodium consumption, or enough for five people for life, with the minimum consumption level. But, you wonder, how long does that amount of salt last in the water softener. Well, just the other day I poured the last 80-pound bag into the salt hopper, so about 10 months.

A number of VOB readers has suggested that I comment on the inauguration of our new president. I was sitting in my living room a short while before the actual oath of office was administered when a bird hit the window. It didn't die, though; it just flew away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home